Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Junk Gypsy Prom

After a day at Marburger Farms in Round Top, we headed back to our bed and breakfast in Chappell Hill to get ready for a fun night out at the Junk Gypsy prom. We had never been but had seen pictures and knew that everyone is supposed to dress up in some sort of funky junk chic outfit. Armed with this snippet of information, I headed to the Goodwill to see what I could get my hands on. I wasn't having too much luck finding a balance between cute vintage and junk chic... so I decided to go really junky and get outfits for the three of us as "Queens of the Trailer Park". Now THAT is something you can find in the Goodwill.

23

Yep. These will do. Vintage flowy robes... it has "refined trailer park" written all over it!


Next... we needed to round up some classy accessories.


Every trailer park queen needs a crown, right?



1

Thank you, Burger King, for your generosity in donating crowns to a couple of trailer park queens.


We glued. We bedazzled. We decorated.



19

And three ridiculous crowns were born. Perfect.


16


My crown had a tractor front and center.


Who needs gems when you have googly eyes?


2


Add some trashy makeup and we were believably from the trailer park.


Oh, did I forget to mention that we had Queen of the Trailer Park sashes?


3


Yeah, yeah. Pipe it down. I know I look like a pirate. In cowboy boots.


5


It is Miss Trailer Park, herself.


7


Arrrrr! Tis the trailer park scalleywaggle... shiver me timbers... under the likes of a giant chandelier!


Aye, whar is her matey?


Ahoy! Thar is the lil lady!


8


Off to the prom we go!


9



12



11



13



No comments:

Post a Comment