Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halloween Hoedown Wreath

Have I mentioned that Halloween is my favorite time of the year? Oh I have? Right. Well it is. I love when I see people incorporate their own style into holiday decorating. It makes a home feel a little less "bought" and a little more personal. After all, isn't it so much more enjoyable coming home to a place filled with all of the things that you love?


I suppose it is no secret that I love all things western. I couldn't wait to incorporate a little western flair into my Halloween decorating. I started with a fun Halloween Hoedown Wreath.


16


06


It is a collection of gingham and bandana... the perfect western touch for your Halloween door.



DIY tutorial:


Materials needed:


1 straw wreath (14 inch wreath shown here)


2 orange bandanas


2 black bandanas


.25 yard of black and white gingham fabric


.25 yard of orange and white gingham fabric


Jute rope


Screw Driver


2



Step 1:


Cut the fabric with pinking sheers into 1-2 inch x 3-4 inch strips. Place the strips into piles.


4


Step 2:


Punch the center of the strip into the straw wreath with the screw driver.


7



See More...

No comments:

Post a Comment