Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wedding Week: Trash the Dress

header1


The day after the wedding, we did a fun shoot aka "trash the dress".


It is pretty much summed up as artsy, fun and sometimes crazy pictures in your wedding dress... you'll see why.


dayafter1


dayafter2


dayafter3


dayafter4


dayafter5


dayafter6


dayafter7


dayafter8


Yes, we really did go in the Brazos River. I was relieved that my dress dry cleaned perfectly. Good as new... not that I will be wearing it again. ;)



About a month later, we were invited by our wedding photographers, White Haute Photography, to be models/subjects for different photographers doing a Trash the Dress shoot at the March Air Reserve Base Museum.

Where do I sign up?

We traveled back to California for the shoot and since we already had pictures of my wedding dress the day after, I decided to change it up.

I wore my grandmother's wedding dress. There was absolutely NO trashing of the dress here. I was always very close to my grandma until she passed away in 2005. I really wish she could have seen me get married; I would have loved to have her be a part of it. In a way, I felt like wearing her dress for this shoot let me be close to her again... if that makes sense. I know I will see her again in heaven one day, but it doesn't make me miss her any less in the meantime.

I absolutely loved her dress. I was shocked to see how similar it was to my own. The lace was almost identical, ivory with sweetheart neckline. Grandma and I must think alike. ;)

2

3

4

TTD_ChrisAustinPhotography_282



1



5



6


7



8



See More...

No comments:

Post a Comment