Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cloche Party!

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life is having a Cloche Party!


Cloche is French for bell. Which makes a lot of sense as the dictionary defines it as:

1. a woman's close-fitting hat with a deep, bell-shaped crown and often a narrow, turned-down brim.
2. a bell-shaped glass cover placed over a plant to protect it from frost and to force its growth.
3. a bell-shaped metal or glass cover placed over a plate to keep food warm or fresh.

Now-a-days... you can put just about anything under a cloche... and make one cute decoration! I have seen lots of birds nests and birds... which is so, so adorable!

The only thing I have that even resembles a cloche is a glass cake stand... so I hope this qualifies for the party! :) When I don't have a fresh pie or baked goody in my cloche cake stand... I like to put some freshly baked (wink, wink) felt donuts inside. I'm quite a fan of crafty felt creations... and there is no mistaking my love affair with donuts. ;) So I figured, felt never spoils, always looks presentable and is a great substitute for a really baked goody!

My hand-made donuts... (you know you are a donut-holic when you make your own felt donuts. haha)

Don't forget to check out all of the other participants' cloches!! Happy Friday! :)

20 comments:

ellen b said...

Okay you just gave me a great idea for Father's day. I'm going to go out early on Sunday and buy his favorite donut to put under my glass dome!! Happy cloche party to you... :0)

marty39 said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. YOur felt donuts are the cutest things I have ever seen. What a fun thing to have. They look fabulous under your cake dome and I would probably leave them there all the time and eat the real one. Great inspiration. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

How cute!! Felt donuts- They would still make me hungry looking at them!!

Melissa Miller said...

Adorable felt donuts as well?
Melissa you amaze me with your creativity!

~Happy Cloche Party! ;)

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh yes!!!!!

m ^..^

FOR THE SAKE OF TIME said...

I love it. No calories and I can get my vitamin C "fix"!(C is for CHOCOLATE!)

Thanks for sharing.

Charla

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

So cute! I didn't have a real cloche either, so I also had to make do with what I had. I love your little felt pastries!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Works for me! You can put a lot of yummy thngs under a cake or cheese dome.
Glenda

The Flying Pinto said...

My Lucy would go nuts over these!!!! How cute are those???? So cute!!

Kim said...

Just too cute!!!! You are so crafty & creative.

Sue said...

How really innovative! Fake felt doughnuts!! love the idea- do you sell your goodies,too? :-) Sue

Shelia said...

Oh, this is great! This is the kind of doughnuts I need! This is just great!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

great display..now I am hungry for a real doughnut!

Brenda said...

How cute are those darned donuts! Never seen anything like that before. I only had one cloche, and haven't had that very long. So I know just what you mean. I'm really motivated by that cake stand with felt donuts. Hey, real inspiration here! Thanks!
Brenda

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh my goodness! What a darling and yummy cloche post! To cute!

Hugs!
Maryjane

ohiofarmgirl said...

That is the best I idea that I have seen yet...thanks for sharing. Dianntha

Tara G. said...

I was drooling over the donuts, totally amazed that you made them and then you announce they're felt! FUN!!! I have a covered cake stand- forgot about it because this rental has ants that can make it into brand new bottles of Karo syrup!

Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility said...

LOL, I think it's so cute that you have felt donuts under your cake stand! That's very creative!

Candy-Faith..... from Simply Pretty said...

Somehow came across your blog as Ive been blog hopping :) Thought Id say Hi :)
:)
candy

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Cute idea! I've seen fabric fruit, but never felt donuts and pastries!

Katherine

Post a Comment