Front Porch Reflections

Slow down, relax and unwind. Let the worries of the day drift away with the gentle country breeze. No other place allows you to appreciate the beauty of your surroundings while enjoying life's simple pleasures, quite like the front porch. It is a place to share stories with the cherished company of dear friends. It is equally a place to find solitude...rocking and reflecting on all that God has set before you.
Pull up a rocker, sip on some sweet tea... there is plenty to chat about on the Prairie.




I LOVE SUMMER!

Our Creative Life is having an I Love Summer Party! I thought I would join in and share everything that I love about summer, too. I hope your eyes are well rested; you are about to take a long pictorial journey through a whole bunch of summer goodness! Ready? Set. Go!!


Read More






What Have I Gotten Myself Into?



I DID IT! I signed up for the Disneyland Half Marathon! Now I should probably make one thing quite clear... I am by no means a runner. It is something that I have always wanted to do, but never believed I could do it. After watching the Biggest Loser this season, I have been inspired to be a "better" me... to finally stop thinking about doing it and wishing I could... and just get out there, train and give it my best shot...
To read the rest, click here. I will be tracking my marathon training progress on my personal blog Melissaisms.blogspot.com. If any of you live near Southern California... or would like to take a trip out to the Magic Kingdom... come out for the 1/2 marathon! It should be a hoot!! :) More Disney Marathon info here.