About me

Howdy Y'all! I'm just pleased as punch that you stopped by! "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could," pretty much sums up this California girl who now lives deep in the heart of Texas.I always knew I was destined for a life of adventure on the prairie! Okay, so I live a mile away from the Walmart... I didn't say a rural prairie. Nevertheless, I am thankful to have escaped the traffic of Southern California and am absolutely smitten to finally have a little homestead on the Texas Prairie.

I am a military wife, married to a Navy Pilot.
I am so blessed to be married to a man that I absolutely adore and am head over boots in love with...not to mention he never tires of talking airplane to me!

We have two (spoiled rotten) Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Dolly and Dallas.We just love them to pieces.


I am kind of a jack-of-all-interests... always dabbling in something new. I would like to think that I am driven by my passion to learn and NOT my short attention span. Regardless, my taste is quite eclectic on the decorating spectrum... ranging from western chic to shabby chic... vintage chic to french chic and everything in between (as long as you throw a chic after it, I'll like it). Let the previous run-on sentence serve as Exhibit A to my startling next confession: I have a uncanny tendency to assign themes to everything... rooms, gifts, parties...blog entries...you name it. It is my signature of sorts...good or bad, I can't help it; I have a problem.

Other "problems" that I find often haunt my life are antiquing, treasure hunting, cooking, baking, cake decorating, creating, crafting, sewing, crocheting, painting, scrapbooking, decorating and gardening, to name a few. (Yes, you were warned about the jack-of-all-interests.)

I believe homekeeping is more than a dreaded chore... it is a privilege to create a safe nest, a cozy atmosphere, a place where strangers feel welcomed and your family feels loved. Never fall victim to "the details do not matter" mentality...for it is the details that make a house a home.

Amazingly, I do have interests outside of the domestic circle. I love, LOVE, LOVE Aviation. I love to fly! I have a BA in Psychology which comes in handy when I completely over-analyze people's behavior and motives, let alone dissect the dynamic of interpersonal relationships. I have also developed a fondness for travel and adventure (the safe, civilized kind haha).

Above everything else, I love and serve the Lord. He alone is the reason and purpose for my existence. I strive daily to follow Jesus's greatest commandments: to love the Lord my God with all of my heart and with all of my soul and with all of my mind and with all of my strength and to love my neighbor as myself. Mark 12:30-31


His word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15