Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures

I made out like a bandit at the Goodwill!! These are the goodies that I found:

A set of 4 woven straw-like place mats. But not a cheap straw... they are thick and sturdy. Definitely not flimsy at all. All four... $2.00!


Next, I found two pieces of fabric... both are over a yard and a half each! $1.00 for both.

I found some white Oneida dishes with palm trees. 4 large plates and 4 bowls. $3.00 for all.



All of this...


...for $6.00!

Warning: You will be seeing these items in an upcoming tablescape. ;)

Another thrifty (but new) find this weekend...
Gingham fabric... $1.50 a yard at Walmart! I picked up a few colors that aren't always the easiest to find at the Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's: Orange, Navy, Aqua and light Blue.

Those are my findings from my weekend treasure hunt! For more fabulous finds, check out Rhoda's Southern Hospitality!


20 comments:

Elise said...

Great deals!! I found good deals at GW, but not always as cheap as your's. Love the fabric!!
Elise

ellen b said...

Love your deals! The fabric is great and it will be fun to see what you come up with for TT!

chris said...

That fabric is great. It is so hard to find gingham in bold colors.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very nice! Now that is some thrifty shopping. Those placemats & dishes are really cute, I can see those on an outdoor table.

Anonymous said...

You got some great deals. I haven't had any luck at the goodwill in a few weeks now. Glad someone is. Hope you have a great evening!

Suzanne in TX said...

I love those Oneida plates--so unique! You found some wonderful things!

Kathi said...

Really liking those white dishes! Very pretty!

Chanda said...

You found some great stuff. Those placemats are really nice.

The Tattered Cottage said...

You really got some great deals, love the dishes and the fabric too! Can't wait to see what you do with the fabric.
Toni

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the placemats and the dishes are just stunning. I really like the palm trees on them. Such pretty colors in your fabric. I look forward to seeing what you do. Hugs, Marty

Kammy said...

Great buys ! I really love cheap fabric ! The GW is one of my favorite stores !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Unknown said...

What fabulous finds! those placemats and dishes are great! Love those fabrics too!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

I love the dishes and placemats. I can't wait for the tablescape!

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Wow, great finds! Love the palm trees on the plates, they're perfect for summer!!

Courtney said...

Great finds! I love the gingham.

Ann said...

Neat treasures, love the dishes!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love the fabric the most. I must get to Walmart. I've been trying to stay away from stores as they make me want to spend money. Go figure!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great deals

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

You did make out like a bandit! Love those dishes - how cute are they! The straw mats do look nice and thick and who doesn't love gingahm fabric. Lucky you that your Walmart still carries fabric mine closed that department many years ago!

Manuela

The Stylish House said...

These will make a wonderful tablescape. You found so many pretty things. I especially like the white dishes. Cathy

Post a Comment